Dr. Waasdorp received his dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated with honors in pharmacology and received National Board of Dentistry Parts I and II honors. He then completed a three year residency at the University of Maryland and specialized in periodontics and implant dentistry.
In his final year of residency, Dr. Waasdorp was selected as the recipient of the American Academy of Periodontology Lazarra Fellowship Award in Advanced Implant Surgery. This prestigious fellowship is awarded to the top periodontal resident in the country each year, in which the recipient engages in advanced implant surgical training along with teaching and research responsibilities.
Dr. Waasdorp is committed to education and is a clinical associate professor at the University of Pennsylvania. He regularly attends continuing education courses, and teaches other dentists in the area about dental implants and periodontal therapy. Our office provides patients with the most minimally invasive, state of the art dental implant and periodontal therapy.
Dr. Waasdorp’s Academic Background:
- B.S. Biology – Muhlenberg College
- D.M.D. – University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Periodontics – University of Maryland
- Certificate in Periodontal and Implant Prosthesis – University of Maryland
- Masters in Oral and Craniofacial Biology – University of Maryland
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- AAP Lazarra Implant Fellow – University of Maryland
- Clinical Associate Professor – University of Pennsylvania
- Member, American Academy of Periodontology
- Member, Montgomery Bucks Dental Society Member, Pennsylvania Dental Association and ADA
- Member, Academy of Stomatology
- Ad Hoc Reviewer: Journal of Oral Implantology
Dr. Waasdorp’s Publications:
Waasdorp JA, Feldman S. Guided Bone Regeneration around Immediate Implants UsingPTFE Membranes without Primary Closure: Case Reports. J Oral Implantology
Evian CI, Waasdorp JA, Mandracchia M, Garber D, Rosenberg ES. The Effect of theRelationship of Implant, Abutment, and Restoration on Soft Tissue Form. Int J. Oral Maxillofac Implants, April 2011
Evian CI, Waasdorp JA, M. Ishii, F. Sanavi, E.S. Rosenberg. Evaluating Extraction Sockets in the Esthetic Zone for Immediate Placement of Implants, Compendium (Online), April 2011
Waasdorp JA, Reynolds MA. Allogeneic Block Grafts: A Systematic Review Int J. Oral Maxillofac Implants 25:3 525-531, 2010
Waasdorp JA, Reynolds MA: Non-surgical Management of Retrograde Periimplantitis: A Case Report. Int J. Oral Maxillofac Implants Jul-Aug;25(4):831-3., 2010
Waasdorp JA, Evian CI, Mandracchia M. Immediate Placement of Implants into Infected Sites: A Systematic Review of the Literature. J Periodontol 81:6 801-808, 2010
Evian CI , Emling R, Rosenberg ES, Waasdorp JA, Halpern W, Shah S, Garcia M. Retrospective Analysis of Implant Survival and the Influence Of Periodontal Disease and Immediate Placement on long term results. Int. J. Oral and Max Implants 19: 3 393-398, 2004
Rosenberg ES, Evian CI, Stern JK, Waasdorp JA. Implant Failure: Prevelance, Risk Factors, Management and Prevention. In; Dental Implant Complications. SJ Froum ed. Wiley-Blackwell. 2010.